Thursday, August 21, 2008

"My Credit was Whack!"--Credit Score Checking

If you were like me, you fell for these catchy commercials with the guys at the pirate restaurant, the guy singing about his awful decision to marry a girl with horrible credit, or the guys in the compact car. However, don't fall for the name of the site. Freecreditreport.com is NOT free. Believe me. I fell for it a few years ago when I heard we get one free...and thinking the name of the website had to be true.

Unfortunately, if you use said site, you get a free report if you sign up for a monthly service....that you can cancel at any time, but it's hard to do, and the next thing you know your credit card has been charged 2 or 3 times.

So, today I was watching my "Morning Express with Robin Meade" and their financial consultant mentioned this site:
www.annualcreditreport.com

It works. Enjoy. And keep on top of your credit and any fraudulent charges.

No comments: